Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Responsibilities include management of production schedule, customer expectation communications, reports and shipment timing. Manage, materials supply, including a thorough understanding of demand by customer and SKU, MRP reports, material release process, PO confirmations and receipts using SAP. Tracks supplier performance. Responsible for supply management for assigned suppliers, products and facilities, identification of and management of material inventory plans for assigned items, align and coordinate efforts with operations and production planning to ensure timely receipt of all materials and production schedule timing is met for customer. Develop unique inventory plans by category and customer, ensure realization of department goals and objectives, execute and maintain functional best practices. Negotiates arrangements for the purchase of goods or service (materials) within its budget limitations. Identify and execute materials cost-effective and efficient acquisition method.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
As Customer Service:
• Utilizes SAP reports and data for efficient execution of functional responsibilities and objectives. (SAP, BW, VM, Shared Point)
• Enter production schedules, including any required schedule changes in SAP to meet and achieve customer satisfaction and communicate changes to all parties as needed
• Run and analyze MRP, performing analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute forecasting plans
• Ensure products are received on time and are available to fill customer orders to keep supply chain moving and eliminate downtime
• Ensure that internal and external customers’ expectations and requirements are met
• Assist commercialization team in product development and trials.
• Provides weekly/monthly detailed analyzed reports for customers
• Escort visitors for meetings, inspections or testing on products as needed
• Communicate and help coordinate shipments with T&W department and customers
• Attend internal and External customer meetings to discuss next several weeks and shortages of scheduled production resulting from any difficulties
• Build and support BOM (Bill of Material) structure working with Commercialization Team
• Create and define items to be consumed by BOM (Bill of Material)
• Drive timely part setup, BOM releases, BOM changes to support new product introduction as well as changes to existing BOM business.
• Coordinate returns and/ or replacement of products (FG, SEMI FG, RAW PACK)
• Facilitates and manages QN/NCMR completion, closure within 30 days and full financial recovery within 60 days
As Supply Chain Analyst (Procurement):
• Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials including RFQ’s (Request for Quotes) and track PO confirmations
• Resolve conflicts concerning materials or services at the department and supplier levels (under/over orders, quality and damage)
• Negotiate procurement details with suppliers
• Seek new ideas from suppliers to reduce costs and ensure quality is met internal and external customers
• Maintain files related to purchase orders, suppliers, quotes and other correspondence
• Perform inventories report as required and work with IC to understand its accuracy.
• Build strong relationships with qualified external suppliers
• Develop initiatives to reduce slow moving inventories, excess inventories, obsolete inventory and process improvements to achieve company inventory goals
• Identify and evaluate suppliers that provide the best cost, cost savings, lead time and service to meet our overall business objectives
• Initiate and maintain conference calls with customers as needed
• Manage products extensions request with customer or suppliers
• Daily Reports (Past Due, On Time Delivery, Shortages etc), monitor, update and call out material losses.
• Eliminates line downtime due to material availability and quality issues.
• Coordinates efficient receipt and movement of materials with third party warehouses.
• Identifies the “right size” for all assigned material inventories.
• Work with internal and external freight resources to ensure timely deliveries of inbound materials at competitive rates.
• Manage inbound freight and freight claims as needed.
• Identifies and drives best practices within total supply chain, including the development of supplier and supply related metrics.
• Coordinates supplier management programs with cross functional HFS resources.
• Tracks, reports and processes quality performance issues for suppliers, works to eliminate supplier related quality issues for all materials.
• Ensures material quotes are up to date.
• Cost card analyses and updates.
• Negotiating prices with chosen vendors and helping with preparing contract documents.
• Participate in quotes if needed or utilizes SIE IQO (quotes) for SAP system updates (routing, speed, crew etc).
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Familiar with SAP planning, procurement.
• Knowledge of HFS products or food product industry.
• Knowledge and experience with SAP
• Basic computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Experienced in conflict resolution.
• Prioritizes work based on short- and long-term objectives.
• Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization.
• Well-developed influence management skills
• Well-developed project management skills
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strength and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including HR, Production, Maintenance, IT and Accounting departments to ensure all customer and management expectations.
• Successfully multi-task
• Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Hearthside staff.
• Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policy focus.
• Understand and comprehend MRP and published schedules.
• Must be able to learn, adapt and comprehend with ease.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite and SAP
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the procurement and supply chain fields.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Customer service background preferred.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.