Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Supply Chain Manager will be working in our Front Royal, VA wafer & cracker plant (located 80 minutes from downtown Washington D.C) which produces more than 150M lbs. per year! This is our one of our largest plants in North America which employs 350+ non-union team members. This state-of-the-art facility is nearly 400k sq. ft., operates with 6 highly automated production lines and possess a strong team oriented culture.
Responsibilities include the successful use and management of SAP and KPI metrics, as both a direct user of SAP and as a manager/supervisor, including SAP based reports and metrics. Supplier performance and supply management for both Customer and HFS selected suppliers. Manage supply chain staff responsible for material management and handling, align and coordinate efforts with operations and production planning to ensure timely receipt of all materials to support the production schedule. Develop inventory plans by material category/material and customer. Develop staff to ensure realization of department and HFS goals and objectives. Establish best practices and plans required to execute and maintain cross-functional supply chain metrics.
• Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise the conversion of purchase requisitions and purchase orders to maintain inbound materials in support of the production schedule
• Manage the successful use of SAP and SAP based reporting to identify training gaps and reports needed for efficient execution of functional responsibilities through the established business process for materials management
• Identifies and executes inventory practices to achieve the KPIs related to overall inventory turns, inventory aging targets, and controllable material write-off objectives
• Manage and analyze each SCS individual MRP requirements to help develop the best materials management approach for each classification group of inbound materials
• Assist to eliminate line downtime due to material availability and quality issues
• Identifies the “right size” for all inbound material inventories
• Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Evaluate performance of staff using updated job requirements and performance goals.
• Assists in the identification and implementation of functional goals and objectives
• Identifies and drives best practices within total supply chain, including the development or use of supply chain related metrics and supplier performance targets
• Utilize and manage inventory reports as required to achieve expected outcomes
• Coordinate efficient material receipt and movement with third party warehouses
• Monitor quality performance issues with all suppliers to assure that related cost recovery activities are effectively executed
• Work with internal and external freight resources to ensure the timely deliveries of inbound materials and assist to resolve any freight related claims.
• Assists with supplier management and supplier performance programs
• Work with finance to assure that material pricing is up to date
• Participate in new project activities to assure successful launch at the expected timeline, including SAP system updates and vendor coordination
• Assist Commercialization Team in new project launches and trials
Competencies & Knowledge:
• planning, products, and production processes
• Knowledge and experience with SAP or other large ERP systems
• Intermediate level computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Experienced in conflict resolution
• Prioritizes work based on short- and long-term objectives
• Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization
• Well-developed influence management and project management skills
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Successfully multi-tasks
• Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and cross functional teams.
• Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policies
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite and SAP/ERP systems
• Work is primarily done in an office setting.
• Infrequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the procurement and supply chain fields required.
• Supply Chain experience 5 years.
• 3 or more years of leadership experience.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Strong procurement, materials management and inventory management experience is required.
• SAP experience preferred.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.