Who We Are
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers
What We Want to Give You
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Senior Food Safety & Quality Director will be working on a hybrid schedule. Responsible for leading, developing, and executing all aspects of Quality Assurance with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS. The individual is also responsible for managing, training and mentoring Quality and Sanitation professionals. This position exists to ensure the food safety and Quality of all products being produced and packaged at the facilities within the Hearthside network meet regulatory and company/customer expectations. Reports to VP of Food Safety & Quality. Manages 3-4 Quality Team Members
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for leading the development and executing all aspects for Quality Assurance with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS employees and the manufacturing staff at facilities within the Hearthside network.
• Responsible for the creation and delivery of all Quality key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives for all Hearthside divisions.
• Aid in the development and execution of an overall FSQA strategy.
• Act as liaison between HFS and Customer QA representatives.
• Provide support as necessary for all customer visits and external audits.
• Assist in the analysis of customer complaint trends to drive complaint rate improvements for key customers.
• Provide technical support to continuous improvement and engineering teams.
• Actively participate in new business commercialization stage gate processes.
• Allocate resources to support key business areas.
• Lead teams during product recalls and escalation reviews.
• Ensure food standard regulatory compliance with FDA, OSHA, GMP, USDA, GFSI, and company policy
• Own the company’s RCA-CAPA process and facilitate key training on problem solving
• Partner with procurement on key category spend initiatives for overall FSQA spend reductions
• Oversee specific quality metrics to ensure compliance to key food safety programs up to an including RCA-CAPA, Hold & Release, and EMP.
• Collaborate with Corporate HFS and local QA and Food Safety Management teams regarding corporate programs and best practices. Periodically conduct and/or coordinate technical training (allergen control, HACCP, GMP, Customer requirements).
• Develop, maintain, and lead quarterly customer FSQA reviews
• Review and approve corporate policies during development and annual reviews.
• Other duties as identified or assigned by VP of Food Safety & Quality.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• FDA & USDA products, and production processes
• Knowledge and experience with SAP
• Demonstrated proficiency in advanced quality statistics, measurement systems analysis
and continuous improvement required.
• Strong understanding of GFSI schemes and their implementation is required.
• Experience w/ Quality systems and knowledge of pre-requisite programs required
• Strong knowledge of FSMA and PCQI requirements
• Maintaining strong relationships and effectively communicating with all customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide HFS employees.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, drive for results, strategic thinking and ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
• Manage multiple projects/ trackers at one time
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, Excel, Power Point (SAP a plus)
• Work is primarily done in an office setting.
• Frequent production environment exposure, which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts and fluctuations in temperature.
• Travel up to 50-75%
• Bachelor’s degree in science-related field is required; Post-graduate degree a plus.
• Ten (10) – Fifteen (15) years of related work experience, including experience managing and leading a Quality and food safety / sanitation staff.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in product compliance and/or commercialization in the food industry, product development, or similar discipline, in a related environment
• Must be PCQI and HACCP certified
• Must be detailed-oriented, have strong self-confidence and leadership skills and have excellent oral and written communication skills.