Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • retirement plan • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Sanitation Technician follows procedures and SOPs to perform cleaning on production equipment to ensure safety and hygiene. May record information to reflect sanitation activities and issues. Advises/updates supervisor/manager of progress and or other non-routine issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows established procedures in the cleaning and sanitation of idle production equipment.
• Wet washes rooms and production lines.
• Completes required reporting to reflect activity.
• Advises supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be capable of being productive on third-shift scheduling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, stoop or crouch. In addition, some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs.
• The employee may occasionally move up to 45-50 pounds with a hoist, pallet-jack or cart, and regularly lift up to 15 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Able to communicate and take direction from the Sanitation Group Lead and/or the Sanitation Supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• At least six months experience in a sanitation production environment preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy, wet/humid and vary in temperature from refrigerated environment, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.
• The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
• Federal law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need an accommodation to complete these listed essential functions.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.