Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at 43 production facilities in the US, Canada and Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
General Purpose of the job:
A Sanitation Team Leader monitors and reviews the activities of a team of sanitation operatives to ensure that all sanitation processes are completed in full and that sanitation standards for a given area are maintained during the production shift.
What you’ll be doing:
• Ensuring that the team has the right number of resources with the appropriate skills, deploying a training plan and adopting appropriate people practices enabling them to deliver the master cleaning schedule.
• Create and present clear forward resourcing plant (people and materials) for cleaning, sanitation, environment and technical; adopt this in light of emerging circumstance to minimize food risk.
• Direct and monitor the team’s delivery of the day to day sanitation activities, in line with the master schedule, to ensure operational integrity.
• Communicate, and validate the team’s adoption of amendments to SOP’s to ensure change is effectively implemented and improvements are made to functional sanitation performance and safety practices.
• Review equipment and highlight damage, escalating risks, to inform the preventative maintenance program.
• Ensure personal and team compliance with inventory controls to facilitate the timely replacement of materials.
• Provide appropriate information, in accordance with agreed procedures, to customers/regulatory bodies to ensure demonstration of process and procedures.
• Identify sanitation requirements by monitoring changes in the production environment developing and refining the SOP’s and master cleaning schedule to ensure safe food is delivered in compliance with regulatory, customer codes and identified best practice.
• Coordinate the sanitation aspects of external audits.
• Ensure that a safe working environment exists for employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE policy.
What you’ll need:
The Sanitation Lead should be results oriented, possess strong interpersonal skills, be a team player as well as an independent worker and have strong and effective verbal and written communication skills. This person should be recognized as a leader capable of driving excellence.
The Sanitation lead should possess leadership skills as well as an appropriate amount of technical skills in a larger scale manufacturing environment. Also, be computer literate in Word, Excel and other programs. The Sanitation Lead should have previous experience in a food manufacturing environment or similar industry and experience leading and working in a diverse workforce.
The successful candidate should have a high school diploma or GED, with between 3-5 years of applicable experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Federal law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need an accommodation to complete these listed essential functions.