Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Provide support in functional areas of Safety to employees and management, ensuring goals of the organization, as well as compliance with Federal, State and Local laws. Emphasis will be on compliance management, employee engagement, injury prevention activates, and training.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assists, plans and implements HSE policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
• Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of HSE programs.
• Lead HSE program improvements, environmental compliance, safety training and site security.
• Engage and maintain Safety teams (Safety Committee, Medical First Responders, Fire Extinguisher team).
• Performs safety surveys, inspections, and risk assessments, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented to abate any hazards.
• Investigate work-related incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents
• Manage all work-related injuries and workers’ compensation claims.
• Analyze incident reports, data, trends, and injury case studies to identify and execute an action plan that lead to a safer environment.
• Develop active and well-focused initiatives that reward safe behavior and accident prevention.
• Maintain plant Hazard Communication program and Safety Data Sheets program.
• Help to instill and hold management accountability for safety and health issues within their department.
• Plans and implements training for employees in work site HSE practices.
• Maintain HSMS comparable to ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 18000 Safety Management System.
• Assume the lead role on all Safety third-party certification audits.
• Monitors and evaluates site security performance on key security issues and programs, recommends and implements corrective action programs where appropriate.
• Responsible for planning, developing and implementing security plans, security programs such as Emergency Response and Crisis Management, Physical Security, Information Protection, Active Shooter, Incident Management and/or Investigation.
• Responsible for providing advice and counsel to line management on security policy and practices. Identifies exposures and recommends and/or develops corrective action plans as appropriate.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and Environmental regulations
• Ability to train associates at all levels of the organization
• Must work well with others in a team atmosphere
• Must be able to understand and respond to a diverse population
• Must have strong multi-tasking skills
• Knowledge and experience with Benchmark, Link 360 a plus.
• Food industry experience.
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated implementation.
• Change management experience to include training and development programs in a high-performance, fast-paced manufacturing setting.
• Experienced in conflict resolution.
• Prioritizes work based on short and long term objectives.
• Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Multi-task, prioritize, plan and execute daily activities and workload.
• Builds collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Hearthside staff.
• Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policy focus.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Proficiency in: MS Office Suite.
• Bachelor of Science in Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial Engineering or related field.
• 2-3 years related experience and thorough knowledge of both State and Federal safety, health and environmental regulations in a manufacturing environment.
• 2-3 years of experience in operations.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.