Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including:
• health/dental/vision insurance • 401(k) retirement plan • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Reach Truck Operator/Material Handler is responsible for storing, moving, and handling products and materials. Reach Truck Operators work in a structured work environment to minimize safety risks. Reach Truck Operators will need to be reliable and able to work with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
***Experience Required*** Minimum of six months experience operating stand-up/Reach truck/Crown forklifts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies, transports, packs, removes and disposes of products and materials.
• Operates stand-up/Reach truck/Crown forklifts, handcarts, and/or pallet jacks to pick, replenish, shuttle, and load/unload orders.
• Maintains inventory levels as directed.
• Feeds lines with product as scheduled or directed by supervision or line leads.
• Ships and receives materials throughout duration of shift.
• Operates all equipment in a safe manner.
• Counts, weighs, and records numbers of units or materials moved or handled.
• Ensures that product moved is identified and labeled correctly.
• Performs required housekeeping to maintain 5S and keep work areas clean, such as sweeping floors, putting trash into containers, and picking stray product up from the floor.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Must be knowledgeable in GMPs or the willingness to learn.
• Ability to obtain forklift certification within 90 days.
• Ability to operate stand-up/Reach truck/Crown forklifts and extended forklifts.
• Sufficient math skills.
• Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and write in English preferred.
Job Qualifications & Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Previous material handling experience required:
◦ Minimum six months experience operating stand-up/Reach truck/Crown forklifts.
◦ Experience requirements vary by plant location.
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Manufacturing environment – exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
• This is a refrigerated, fresh and frozen food facility requiring a cold temperature at all times.
• Reach Truck Operators must be able to work together in a team environment and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
• Must be able to work necessary overtime based on staffing needs and customer demand, as well as across shifts.
• Ability to lift up to 90lbs assisted and 40lbs unassisted.
• Ability to stand up over 80% of the time scheduled.
• Ability to walk, climb and/or balance throughout shift.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.