Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers!
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including:
• health/dental/vision insurance
• flexspending accounts
• short & long-term disability
• paid holidays and vacation
• bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
Quality Area Lead is responsible for serving as a point of contact for QA Technicians on the shift when other supervision is not available, manage assigned FSQA programs, serve as backup for document specialist reviewer tasks, maintain data entry into associated computer systems as necessary, and work with the QA team and other department personnel to meet requirements, assignments, trials, and responsibilities.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Monitor and assist QA Technicians performing in-process QA checks
· Participate in the Internal Audit program
· Perform GMP Audits
· Oversee Incident Report generation and communication
· Lead and assist in managing RCA-CAPAs
· Participate in Mock Traces / Recalls as necessary
· Perform and/or oversee the PEM and Non-PEM swabbing programs
· Assist in consumer/customer complaint investigations
· Serve as main QA contact for trials or new product qualification activities as assigned
· Track and order lab supplies
· Monitor rework processes when conducted for compliance to standards
· File paperwork related to the GFSI system
· Maintain hold inventory records
· Participate in sensory and other product reviews as required
· Provide necessary data for KPIs
· Perform QA Technician duties when required as back up
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times
· Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law
· Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies
· May be required to work weekends from time to time
· Perform other duties as assigned by QA leadership
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
· GFSI and FSMA requirements
· Environmental Monitoring Programs
· QA Technician role and responsibilities
· Customer specs and expectations
· Exhibited experience with necessary SAP transactions
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong self-confidence
· Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with autonomy
· Must be accurate, detail-oriented and maintain the utmost confidentiality
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite and SAP
· Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems
· Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week
· Add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
· Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Write routine reports and correspondence
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form
· Work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary
· Handle multiple priorities and tasks
· Excellent keyboarding, record keeping and follow-up skills
· Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
· Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
· Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
· Reaching with hands/arms throughout the day.
· Ability to use hands and fingers.
· Ability to see, hear and talk.
· Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels.
· May be required to walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
· May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
· May have to work in hot or cold conditions depending on type of production operation
· High school diploma or GED equivalent (QAD approval otherwise)
· Associates Degree in science field preferred, but not required
· Three – Five years of QA experience in FDA/USDA facilities
· Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), FSMA (PCQI), and SQF all pluses
Equal Opportunity Employer. If you need assistance applying, please contact Human Resources.
Veterans Encouraged to Apply