Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers!
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flexspending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Quality Tech is responsible for ensuring that all elements of food safety within the Quality Monitoring Scheme are being met. Ensures that all regulatory, customer, and company quality initiatives are being met and maintained.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform Quality checks on production lines in a timely and accurate fashion every hour per line. (Will frequently be responsible for 3 lines at any given time).
• Brings discrepancies with the QMS to the attention of Supervisor or Quality Manager. These discrepancies are but not limited to HACCP programs, Allergen programs, Sanitation procedures, GMP findings, Foreign Material findings, and HOLD procedures.
• Ensure that product being produced meets all legal and customer requirements as outlined in the Bluebook for each product.
• Complete paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion each day.
• Perform required tasks to maintain 5-S and keep work areas clean.
• Keep all information pertaining to our operations (products, customers, production details, etc.) confidential.
• Maintain instrumentation and equipment in good condition and store appropriately.
• Label, store, and organize samples and product retentions.
• Follow Hold Procedures for all non-conforming materials or product.
• Perform HACCP and Preventive Controls checks/tasks as needed.
• Assist in test runs and new product trials as needed.
• Perform other audits or inspections as required.
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Post High School education preferred
• Required – 3 months of as a Quality Assurance Technician.
• Preferred – 1 years of experience as a QA Technician or other Technical department.
• Must have good attention to detail and be able to spot defects on fast-moving production lines.
• Must be able to gain a basic understanding of how different machinery operates as it relates to the quality of the product and adjustments that need to be made to correct certain conditions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak, write, and comprehend Spanish is a plus.
• Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculation, including working with fractions, ratios and percentages.
• Must be able to maintain good interpersonal communications and work collaboratively with co-workers, employees from other departments, and superiors.
• Experience with MS Office Suite is needed.
• Follow all safety processes and procedures set forth by site leadership.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
• Manufacturing environment – exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
• Depending on which location, our environments can be very warm or refrigerated.
• Team environment – must be able to work well with others and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
• Must have ability to lift 40 pounds occasionally and stand or sit for lengthy durations.
• Must be able to work necessary overtime based on staffing needs and customer demand, as well as across shifts.
Interested in being considered for the Quality Tech role? Click Login to Apply below to sign in or create an account.
Equal Opportunity Employer. If you need assistance applying, please contact Human Resources.