WHO WE ARE
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers
WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE YOU
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
Responsible for the facility pre-requisite programs including: pre-operational inspection, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring (PEM) and non-PEM, allergen qualification, roof leak monitoring/reporting and pest control. Maintain and perform training on departmental-specific policies, procedures and programs. Ensure 100% legal compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to food processes (i.e. SQF).
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain and perform training on the facility pre-requisite programs including: pre-operational inspection, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring (PEM) and non-PEM, allergen qualification, roof leak monitoring/reporting and pest control.
• Facilitate the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audit review process.
• Maintain the master sanitation schedule.
• Maintain and perform training on departmental-specific policies, procedures and programs.
• Maintain the facility uniform program (supply and distribution).
• Perform daily follow-up of facility-wide housekeeping needs and requirements.
• Assist with the weekend Food Safety supervisory coverage as necessary.
• Assist the Food Safety / Quality Assurance Manager and technicians as necessary.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
• Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
• Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Fill in for Quality Manager during his/her absence.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes
• Knowledge and experience with SAP
• Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
• Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
• Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions and problems.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite and SAP
• Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
• May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to electrical shock, fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
• Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
• Two-year college degree in business or related field required; Four-year college degree preferred.
• Three (3) – five (5) years of Food Safety / Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment; Bakery experience a plus.
• Experience with the administration of various training topics for new hires and annual regulatory compliance in groups of (2) two – (25) twenty-five participants; Experience with tracking training events a plus.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Excellent communication, decision-making and organizational skills.
• Strong self-confidence and leadership skills.