WHO WE ARE
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers
WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE YOU
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
Responsible for leading, maintaining, and executing all aspects of Quality Assurance and Food Safety for the plant. Coach, teach, mentor, and manage the Quality and Food Safety teams onsite. Utilize lean tools and root cause analysis to continuously improve the existing quality system. Ensure all requirements from customers, regulatory, and 3rd party certifications are met and in compliance.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage all Quality and Food Safety programs including HACCP, Food Safety Plans, Food Quality Plans, Identity Preserved Certifications, IA Vulnerability, and Food Defense
• Execute a robust internal audit program to ensure site it always audit ready all the time
• Participate in Hearthside Production System requirements such as Drumbeat (Daily Directional Setting), Weekly KPI, Lean Steering Committee, and Tiered Auditing
• Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Actions/Preventative Action (CAPA) investigations
• Coach, teach, and mentor the QA and Food Safety teams to build bench strength and career paths for employees
• Collaborate with all plant leadership to drive quality culture improvements and consumer complaint reductions
• Coordinate multidisciplinary activities among various team members assuring timely, efficient, and cost-effective finality
• Administrate all product specifications and associated floor instructions assuring compliance with regulatory label requirements.
• Ensure food standard compliance with FDA, USDA, GMP, and company policy.
• Assess Environmental Monitoring Programs to ensure continued seek and destroy approach to pathogens
• Oversee the Hold and Release program, ensuring proper hold verifications and disposition processes
• Lead Trace and Mock Recall exercises
• Measure and monitor various company KPIs and drive for improvements in key performance areas
• Lead customer QA discussions related to quality or food safety incidents in the plant
• Advise commercialization and production teams on process specifications, process capabilities, and customer requirements to include recipe and sensory attributes
• Support commercialization teams in integrating customer and compliance requirements into internal specifications and critical quality parameters
• SQF Practitioner or other GFSI scheme by plant and PCQI duties
• Trend and analyze data as need to drive improvements in the plant (EMP, Pest Control, Consumer Complaints, etc.)
• Support all aspects of sanitation, including allergen matrix and control programs, chemical control programs, pest control programs, cleaning validations including all sanitation systems as assigned.
• May perform other functions as needed.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Intentional Adulteration Vulnerability Assessments
• Preventative control validations
• SMART goal setting and team coaching
• Basic RCA and CAPA tools
• Sanitation Programs
• Environmental Monitoring Programs
• Robust Hold and Release Program Requirements
• Personnel development
• Team building
• Internal auditing
• Procedure and Standard Work generation
• Risk Assessments
• Demonstrated proficiency in advanced quality statistics, measurement systems analysis
and continuous improvement required.
• Strong understanding of plant GFSI scheme and its implementation is required. SQF Practitioner certification is a plus.
• PCQI/ Food Safety Plans / HACCP Plan development and maintenance
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Manage multiple projects at a time
• Direct various program activities within the plant
• Influence Quality Culture behaviors
• Recognize food safety & quality gaps and provide a plan to address
• Work collaboratively with all departments
• Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Hearthside staff.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, SAP a Plus
• Bachelor’s degree in business/science-related field is preferred; Post-graduate degree a plus. Equivalent work experience as appropriate and approved by Platform Quality Director.
• 5-8 years of related work experience, including experience managing and leading a Quality and food safety / sanitation staff in a related food manufacturing environment (i.e. baked bar, granola manufacture, bread, cold form bar, cookies, crackers, sandwich assembly, kit assembly, etc.).
• PCQI Certification and/or HACCP Certification
• Must be detailed-oriented, have strong self-confidence and leadership skills and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• SPC and Microsoft Suite computer experience