Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
This Production Supervisor will be working in one of our larger bakeries in platform located in North Sioux City, SD. The plant is 350k sq. ft. and operates 8 highly automated production lines. At this plant, we produce cookies for multiple customers; including the Girl Scouts, Kroger, Walmart and many others. This facility has two unions, the BCTGM and Teamsters. Nestled between the curves of the Missouri River and the banks of McCook Lake, North Sioux City is at the intersection of commerce, recreation, and small town living with big city attractions.
The role of the Production Supervisor is to provide manufacturing front-line leadership to multiple lines, and deliver results. Supervisors are responsible for taking ownership in their area of responsibilities for leading, motivating and developing front-line employees to achieve outstanding manufacturing results. This is done through enhancing teamwork, effective communications, actively listening to employees, and driving change. Additionally, the Resource Leader must focus on safety, process efficiency and continuous improvement, quality assurance, and meeting customer expectations.
Role works Monday through Friday and rotating 1 or 2 weekends per month. Pay for the 6th day of work.
• Provide business and technical leadership necessary to ensure both the department and facility meet and/or exceed goals in critical manufacturing success areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
• Optimizing production equipment and processes as an advocate of continuous improvement solutions designed to meet and exceed production standards and objectives.
• Perform as a front-line leader in a complex food manufacturing facility, providing motivation, training, coaching, support, inspiration and direction to diverse work force.
• Establish and sustain positive employee relations through effective communications with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
• Additionally promote positive employee and labor relations in a Union environment through effective conflict management and issue resolution.
• Conduct regular team meetings which include effective communication of organizational and policy changes.
• Provide effective, timely and fair performance and discipline feedback to team members and document as needed.
• Facilitate effective sharing of information across work teams, business areas, and functional areas.
• Must be able to track daily, weekly and monthly budgetary results to ensure appropriate and immediate actions are taken to achieve business goals and objectives.
• Enforces compliance and drives accountability with company policies, procedures, and operational standards by effectively communicating expectations and changes to teams.
• Work and/or attend meetings during other shifts (including off-shifts and/or weekends) as necessary.
• High school diploma required and Bachelor’s degree is ideal.
• 2 or more years of leadership experience in a high-speed distribution or manufacturing environment. Food or beverage manufacturing is preferred.
• Strong team building skills
• Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft excel, word, outlook and experience with SAP or other ERP systems)
• Understands and has utilized continuous improvement tools; such as, lean, theory of constraints, value stream mapping, root cause analysis, and/or six sigma
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations, HACCP and Food GMPs (in a bakery environment preferred)
• Strong understanding of sanitation, food handling, and food safety practices in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Can demonstrate an ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency and take appropriate action when necessary
• Ability to work long shifts of 10 hours or more, including days or nights, and some weekends
• Demonstrated cost management/reduction
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated expertise in multi-tasking, handling projects and meeting deadlines in a complex manufacturing environment
• Effective communication and listening skills
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating dignity, respect, candor and commitment
• Effective use of key performance indicators and data analysis to drive results
• Ability to see, hear and talk.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels; hearing protection may be required.
• Walk up to and from Plant and break areas.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• May climb stairs and ladders to platform 7-10 feet high.
• May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment in close proximity to others.
• Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
• Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.