WHO WE ARE
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers
WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE YOU
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Plant Controller has the functional responsibility for production/financial reporting, monitoring of actual results, forecasting, planning, and analysis. Each is responsible for the leading and developing of the annual budget, capital spending proposals and new product costing. Reside primarily at the plant level to assist Plant Manager and VP of Manufacturing in the aforementioned metrics. This is a hybrid role.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Manage projects related to budgeting, audit, capital requests, and plant initiatives.
• Implement financial policies/procedures as communicated by Corporate. Develop local policies/procedures in support of and consistent with Corporate set policies. Analyze/review internal controls to ensure plant assets are safeguarded and financial reporting of such is correct.
• Responsible for managing the month end closing activities, including variance analysis and monthly reconciliation of plant balances. Ensure accruals/reserves are sufficient and review of spend for correctness and appropriateness of classification.
• Participate in annual audit requirements as necessary.
• Responsible for preparing monthly/quarterly/annual reporting packages (ie plant decks)
• Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of actual business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor and overhead at the plant. Analyze changes on product configuration, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins.
• Prepare and review daily/weekly/monthly/YTD variance reports on usages, labor, fixed and variable overhead. Responsible for production line performance monitoring and analysis.
• Provide proactive financial guidance to the plant management team. Provide plant management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting production performance. Works with plant leadership to reduce/minimize costs.
• Assist production management with assessment of “continuous improvement” projects and processes. Measure and report progress toward planned goals.
• Develop standard costs, update and create new Bill of Materials and Routings within SAP. Maintain both the frozen and current standards within the system. Ensure current routing data matches playbooks.
• Analyze and reconcile monthly inventories both at plant and 3rd party warehouses.
• Ensure the accuracy of physical inventories and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments. Review and approve all cycle count adjustments and dispositions in accordance with company policy.
• Review inventory details for aged stock. Advise of provision requirements as necessary.
• Produce and manage the annual financial budget for the plant. Provide weekly/ monthly forecasts
• Coordinate the new product pricing requests by working with plant management in preparation of pricing quotations for Sales & Marketing team. Reviews all inputs and comps for reasonableness. Develop accurate cost requests on a timely basis in partnership with operation/sales.
• Work with plant to ensure timely reporting of actual production cost/performances against pricing assumptions on all new product launches. (Step 4’s)
• Responsible for tracking all special billing activities for the plant. This includes the consolidation of all actual costs as it relates to tests/trials/samples/QN’s etc. and submitting to the Corporate Commercial Finance team.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Procurement and production processes
• Knowledge and experience with SAP
• Experience in the manufacturing environment, preferably food
• Proficiency in SAP (or similar ERP/MRP), Excel (advanced skills), Word, and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Must have ability to effectively interface with plant and corporate office personnel.
• Strong oral communication skills required.
• Must be able to effectively work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and handle
multiple assignments simultaneously
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Successfully multi-task
• Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Hearthside staff.
• Read, analyze and interpret company policies, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
• Write reports and business correspondence.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers at the plant and corporate level.
• Lead, modeling the organization’s culture and values, providing guidance and direction, influencing and developing others while maintaining integrity, blending people into teams when needed, and fostering open dialogue.
• Manage change, accepting the challenges involved in transitioning the organization.
• Demonstrate strategic planning for results, analytical thinking and technical/functional expertise.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, SAP, Cost Accounting
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance. Masters and/or CPA a plus.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in Cost/Managerial accounting in an industrial sector, preferably high-volume manufacturing. Plant Controller or Assistant Controller experience is a plus.