Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Responsible for all phases of plant manufacturing and all activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal, state and local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
• Oversee the conversion of raw materials to finished products (mixing, baking and packaging processes) with minimum waste and labor cost.
• Control raw material formula consistency.
• Monitor proper rotation of dough, meal and raw materials.
• Responsible for maintaining a 5S environment.
• Responsible for scheduling, maintaining and approving production.
• Responsible for complying with customer service and Company standards.
• Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
• Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
• Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Train, develop and evaluate all employees to meet future needs.
• Attend meetings; make presentations, etc. as needed.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
• Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
• Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Procurement, products, and production processes
• Knowledge and experience with SAP
• Prior plant management experience to exceed 2 years
• Thorough understanding of food safety and quality
• Well developed influence leadership skills
• Experienced in conflict resolution
• Prioritizes work based on short and long term objectives
• Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization
• Well developed project management skills
• Leading development and implementation of strategic goals and budget/cost control
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
• Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
• Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and public groups.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite and SAP
• Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
• Receptive to new ideas, concepts and procedures.
• Receptive and responsive to constructive criticism.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
• Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
• Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
• Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
• May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
• Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
• Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Push/pull items up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
• Walk up to 250,000 square foot plant.
• May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
• Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
• Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
• May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
• Stand eight hours per shift.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions. Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• 2 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
• Experience in a non-union manufacturing environment and union avoidance a plus.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.