Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at 43 production facilities in the US, Canada and Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
• Hearthside is seeking Material Handlers in Wenona. Material Handlers are responsible for managing inventory items between the plant warehouse and the various production lines. They make sure materials are on hand for timely start-ups, that materials are properly counted, wrapped and labeled after the production run. They support production lines throughout the run by replenishing materials as needed, including both raw goods and basic packaging materials. Complete basic housekeeping duties associated with materials movement, such as general cleaning in the warehouse, and removal of scrap packaging from the production lines as materials are delivered and utilized. This position will require the employee to assist in the movement of semi-trailers to and from dock areas and with the yard area.
• This role requires a high level of overall fitness and stamina. It also requires good verbal and written communication skills, an attention to detail, and the ability to work well on a team and with people from multiple departments.
• A detailed job description with responsibilities and requirements, which may vary by location, will be provided during the interview process.
Education, experience and training
• At least 2 years in manufacturing, preferably food industry
• Basic computer skills are helpful.The willingness to progressively learn is important.
• Must be able to obtain a Powered Industrial license within 30 days of hire, trained in use of fork, clamp and push pull trucks.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Ability to become proficient in moving semi-trailers as job requires.
• Must be knowledgeable in GMPs or the willingness to learn.
• Sufficient math skills.
• Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and write in English preferred.
• Must have ability to take direction and complete task assignments safely, accurately, and efficiently.
• Must be willing to take a sense of ownership and pride in how your work is performed.
• Ability to have a flexible schedule including working overtime as business needs dictate.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and occasionally stand and walk. In addition, some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs.
• The employee must occasionally move, lift, pallet-jack or cart.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy, wet/humid and vary in temperature from refrigerated environment, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.