Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers!
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Material Handler is responsible for storing, moving, and handling products and materials. Material Handlers work in a structured work environment to minimize safety risks. Material Handlers will need to be reliable and able to work with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies, transports, packs, removes and disposes of products and materials.
• Operates forklifts, handcarts, or pallet jacks to pick, replenish, shuttle, and load/unload orders.
• Maintain inventory levels as directed.
• Feed lines with product as scheduled or directed by supervision or line leads.
• Ship and receive materials throughout duration of shift.
• Operate all equipment in a safe manner.
• Count, weigh, record numbers of units or materials moved or handled.
• Ensure that product moved is identified and labeled correctly.
• Perform required housekeeping to maintain 5S and keep work areas clean, such as sweeping floors, putting trash into containers, and picking stray product up from the floor.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Must be knowledgeable in GMPs or the willingness to learn.
• Ability to obtain forklift certification within 90 days.
• Ability to operate stand-up and extended forklifts.
• Sufficient math skills .
• Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and write in English preferred.
Job Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Previous Material Handling experience a plus, varies by location.
• This is a manufacturing environment and there will be an exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
• This is a team environment; Material Handlers must be able to work together and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
• Must be able to work necessary overtime based on staffing needs and customer demand, as well as across shifts.
• Reaching with hands/arms throughout the day.
• Ability to lift up to 90lbs assisted and 40lbs unassisted.
• Ability to stand up to 80% of the time scheduled.
• Ability to walk, climb and/or balance throughout shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you need assistance applying, please contact Human Resources.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.