Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at 43 production facilities in the US, Canada and Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
A Maintenance Apprentice will eventually be responsible for the following:
• Repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment used in the production and packaging of products. Will need to regularly inspect equipment, structures or material; work on all requests for the various types of maintenance work assigned to them. An understanding and adherence to company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions is essential
What you’ll be doing:
The list of essential duties and responsibilities, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the task to be performed. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein is such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
• Enroll in and be accepted into the Maintenance Apprentice program through the College of DuPage.
• Attend and pass assigned classes, using the knowledge to
• Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance from daily up to Semi-Annual.
• Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
• Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety techniques.
• Detect, document, report and repair improper machine operation and faulty equipment.
• Follow and perform emergency procedures regarding power failures.
• Diversify maintenance skills that will allow assignments to be given in any work areas as required and, on any shift, required
• Understand and certify in our LOTO program.
• Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions.
• Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions
What you’ll need:
• Problem solving using defined methodologies.
• Organizational and time management
• Mechanical aptitude
• Willingness to learn and take direction
• Ability to work well and to collaborate with others.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Work is primarily done on a manufacturing production floor.
• Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperatures.
• Sitting at a work station for short periods of time.
• Frequent line calls throughout the building requiring immediate response.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an infrequent basis.
• Enrolled in a 2-year trades degree and/or 4 years of plant maintenance experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Able to read, write and speak English. Bilingual capabilities are a plus.
• Able to communicate and take direction and communicate effectively with line workers, Leads, Supervisors and Plant Manager.