Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers!
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Maintenance Tech performs highly diversified duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting, and repair of machines, equipment and plant facilities. This includes scheduled, unscheduled or emergency repairs. Perform regular preventive maintenance which also includes maintaining supporting documentation for the PM’s.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct maintenance according to skill level and pursuant to safety policies and procedures.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make-adjustments.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those unusual situations to the facility maintenance manager.
• Utilizing Microsoft Office, order and schedule parts as well as jobs.
• Perform work in a safe manner and use Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Has completed or is working on a 2-year trades degree and/or 4 years of plant maintenance experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Able to read, write and speak English. Bilingual capabilities are a plus.
• Able to communicate and take direction from Sanitation Manager and communicate effectively with line workers, Leads, Supervisors and Plant Manager.
• Attention to detail.
• Legible record-keeping and data entry skills.
• Must be highly motivated, flexible and have creative problem-solving abilities.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Welding and fabrication, full understanding of 3 Phase electrical, tree phase motor controls. Troubleshoot AC & DC drives.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
● Manufacturing environment – exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
● Depending on which location, our environments can be very warm or refrigerated.
● Team environment – must be able to work well with others and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
● Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
● May be required to work weekend and night hours to fill in as needed.
Interested in being considered for the Maintenance Tech role? Click Login to Apply below to sign in or create an account.
Equal Opportunity Employer. If you need assistance applying, please contact Human Resources.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.