Join one of our larger bakeries in North America in North Sioux City, SD. The plant is 350k sq. ft. and operates 8 highly automated production lines. At this plant, we produce cookies for multiple household names. Nestled between the curves of the Missouri River and the banks of McCook Lake, North Sioux City is at the intersection of commerce, recreation, and small town living with big city attractions.
• STARTING WAGE OF $24.73 to $28.41 per hour (depending on experience), plus a $3.00 per hour night shift differential.
• 2nd shift hours are 6 PM to 6 AM
• Technician job titles and pay progress with skills obtained, up to Level 5
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting production in the installation, repair, maintenance and improvement of manufacturing equipment. The incumbent will drive for continuous, efficient and safe operation in compliance with food safety regulations, meeting and or exceeding Customer and Company expectations.
May include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure continuous and smooth production by intermediate level troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all production / facility equipment.
• Perform unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as planned maintenance activities as assigned in a thorough and timely manner, on a team or independently.
• Complete shift work orders as assigned by established timelines.
• Accurately documents, records and completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders and logs, for tracking, auditing and inventory purposes.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis on equipment failure resulting in downtime or deficiency.
• Performs functions in the CMMS, inventory search, work order and creation and other activities as directed, ensuring accuracy through correct procedures.
• Work with Machine Operators of all levels of experience to determine required adjustment or repair.
• Provide input and recommendations to shift action plan for assigned area, seeking to update and improve PM tasks, SOP’s and process efficiency.
• Collaborate with Management, Engineering and Maintenance to continuously improve processes, procedures and methods, seeking optimal efficiency and productivity with safety as the highest priority; knowledge of and willingness to engage in 5S methodology preferred.
• Attends all daily start-up, pass-down and training meetings as applicable.
• Escalates all issues as needed to the Maintenance Manager and management as necessary.
• Perform Lock-Out-Tag-Out when necessary.
• Follow all Food Safety and Safety Procedures and Rules.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Continually monitor for cross contamination or foreign objects.
Required Competencies & Knowledge
• Hearthside Food Solutions products, production and packaging processes.
• Lead by example, promote teamwork.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ensure collaborative relationships with Hearthside staff.
• Work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to coach & receive instructions using guidelines.
• Utilize ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and process focus.
• Multi-task and respond to non-routine requests.
• Work in a detailed oriented fashion
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, and Excel (SAP a plus)
• A manufacturing facility, on the production floor.
• Frequent exposure to wet, dusty and/or humid conditions and heat and/or cold.
• Physically located near moving mechanical parts.
• Surrounded by a moderate noise level which may fluctuate to increase or decrease due to mechanical equipment operation.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Duties may be repetitive in nature.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Position requires the ability to stand on one’s feet for up to 8 hours (with breaks), walk, use hands to handle, feel and select objects (manual dexterity), grip, frequently reach with hands and arms, bend, twist, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, see, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Position requires the ability to occasionally:
▪ Work in high temperature areas.
▪ Work at heights minimally 2’ from the ground
▪ Work around very strong magnetics
• High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
• Regular and reliable attendance required.
• Ability to read, write, count and identify numbers, letters, colors, characters and symbols as required.
• Basic mathematics skills required.
• Basic computer skills and experience from a work or home environment preferred but not required; willing and open to learning computer skills on the production floor a must.
• Prior Manufacturing / Industrial experience preferred, with high preference for food / bakery experience.
• 1 year of prior maintenance/mechanic (Industrial/manufacturing) experience or training is required, preferably with processing and/or packaging equipment.
• Electrical and Electrical Motor experience is preferred.
• Available to work night shift, overtime and weekends as needed.
• Able to work safely in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with changing priorities without losing composure.
• Able to follow all Food Safety and Safety Procedures and Rules, including wearing all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and able to follow all proper LOTO requirements.
• Must be able to comprehend and communicate with all levels of the team, including management, maintenance, sanitation and co-workers.
• Able to perform duties accurately with attention to detail, follow direction and participate as a team player or individually.
• Demonstrates sound judgement, decision-making and problem-solving ability.
• Able to work independently with initiative, needing minimal direct supervision.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer