Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Inspect, repair, modify, paint, clean and maintain plant machinery, equipment and all areas of facility and grounds. Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety requirements to assure production of safe, quality products and a clean and safe environment for plant operation. Perform and assist with production equipment maintenance, preventative maintenance, parts ordering and troubleshooting as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all equipment including, but not limited to refrigeration, production equipment and building equipment.
• Assist in training employees on operation of equipment.
• Maintain preventative maintenance program with supporting documentation.
• On floor time = 100 % (floor is inclusive of production floor, shop, outside of building, etc.)
• Must always work in a safe manner and use GMPs.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Has completed or is working on a 2-year trades degree; high school degree necessary or equivalent 3 years plant maintenance experience.
• Electrical print reading, motor controls experience, and welding/fabrication experience necessary.
• Experience with food/USDA facilities a plus.
• Must have basic math skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Legible record-keeping and data entry skills using a computer.
• Must be highly motivated, flexible, have creative problem-solving abilities, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Bilingual capabilities a plus.
• Able to communicate and take direction from direct supervisor and/or the production supervisor.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy, wet/humid and vary in temperature from refrigerated environment, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.
• Will be required to work shift work and weekends.
• 1st Shift hours: Monday through Friday 4:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Saturdays, some Sundays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand(s) to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch and work at heights from floor level to 30 feet above floor. This includes ladders and lift equipment.
• The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds with hoist, pallet-jack, or cart.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.