Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
We are now offering a $2,000 Sign-on Bonus and $1.00/hour Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd Shifts!
Responsible for repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment used in the production and packaging of products. Will need to regularly inspect equipment, structures or material; work on all requests for the various types of maintenance work assigned to them. An understanding and adherence to company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions is essential.
• Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance from daily up to Semi-Annual.
• Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics.
• Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
• Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety techniques.
• Detect, document, report and repair improper machine operation and faulty equipment.
• Follow and perform emergency procedures regarding power failures.
• Diversify maintenance skills that will allow assignments to be given in any work areas as required and, on any shift, required.
• Understand and certify in our LOTO program.
• Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Standard practices in maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components.
• Extensive knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of PLC’s and conveyor systems
• Problem solving using defined methodologies.
• Organization and time management.
• Hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
• HVAC and refrigerant system.
• AC and DC control wiring.
• Basic PLC operation and understanding of programs.
• Pneumatic, hydraulic system repairs.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Ensure collaborative relationships with HFS staff.
• Issue and receive instructions using known guidelines.
• Lead ‘best in class’s behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policies.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, PM system tracking
• Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
• Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
• Work is primarily done on a manufacturing production floor.
• Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperatures.
• Sitting at a workstation for short periods of time.
• Frequent line calls throughout the building requiring immediate response.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an infrequent basis.
• Has completed or is working on a 2-year trades degree and/or 4 years of plant maintenance experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Able to read, write and speak English. Bilingual capabilities are a plus.
• Able to communicate and take direction from Sanitation Manager and communicate effectively with line workers, Leads, Supervisors and Plant Manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans Encouraged to Apply!
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.