Who We Are:
• Hearthside Food Solutions is the industry’s leading food contract manufacturer, and leader in nutritional bars and baked snacks
• Our product categories include energy bars, snack bars, granola bars, baked bars, cookies, crackers, pretzels, croutons, breadcrumbs, snack components and other baked foods and snacks.
• Hearthside is also one of the largest food contract packaging companies, we package many foods that people eat every day. Today Hearthside operates 38 production facilities, including three in Europe, and is a volume leader in multiple food categories.
• At the heart of every world-class manufacturer, and at the heart of every great company, you will find a unique and valuable culture.
• Hearthside’s empowerment culture of continuous improvement and customer focus is the great enabler for the value we create for customers.
• Explore our website, speak with our people and tour our facilities. The Hearthside culture is a game changer and a powerful competitive advantage for the company and our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all equipment including, but not limited to, Rheon’s, Conveyors, proof boxes, Handyman stuffer, mixers, metal detectors, packaging machines, heat tunnels, refrigeration systems, forklifts, building and building equipment.
• Lead continuous improvement skills and is approachable
• Help lead 5S projects to standardize maintenance practices and processes
• Assist in training employees on operation of equipment
• Provide continual support to production, bakery, assembly packaging and warehouse
• maintain a PM program with supporting documentation
• Other duties as need by the operation
• Reports directly to Maintenance Manager while taking some direction from Production Supervisors
• On floor time= 100% (floor is inclusive of production floor, shop, outside, building, etc.)
• Must always work in a safe manner and use LOTO
• Must be knowledgeable of all HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA, and SOP requirements
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty statutorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/r ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE
• High school degree or equivalent. Has completed or is working on a 2-year trades degree and/4 years plant maintenance experience.
• LANGUAGE SKILLS
• Read, write and speak English.
• Bilingual capabilities are a plus.
• Able to communicate and take direction from Sanitation Manager.
• Able to communicate effectively with line workers, Leads, Supervisors and Plant Manager.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Attention to detail. Legible record-keeping and data entry skills.
• Able to use Microsoft Office. Ability to order parts and spec jobs, schedule jobs.
• Must be Highly motivated, flexible, have creative problem-solving abilities.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Welding and fabrication, full understanding of 3 Phase electrical, tree phase motor controls.
• Troubleshoot AC & DC drives.
• May be required to work weekend and night hours to fill in as needed.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand(s) or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Employees may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat and vibration.