We are looking for individuals who have manufacturing environment experience and experience as a Machine Operator or are willing to learn machine operation.
We are currently seeking candidates who want to work at our H1, H2, & H5 facilities on all shifts
Must be able to work necessary overtime or weekend hours, based on staffing needs and customer demand.
12 hour work days may be required in addition to possible weekend work.
Who We Are:
With over 13,000 employees at 43 production facilities in the US, Canada and Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
About the Machine Operator Role:
The Machine Operator performs set-ups, makes minor adjustments and operates packaging equipment. Identifies acceptable or unacceptable product quality per customer requirements. Performs wash and changeover of equipment. Machine Operators will need to be reliable and able to work with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs accurate set ups on equipment in preparation for particular product runs.
• Operates equipment and adjusts as necessary to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
• Inspects and tests packages, and documents results to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
• Stages and checks required materials for quick and accurate change overs in production.
• Completes and assembles all required documentation associated with the position.
• Maintains works area in a clean and organized manner.
• May be required to perform general labor duties as needed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must be knowledgeable in GMPs and the HACCP program or willing to learn.
• Sufficient math skills to calculate quantities of material required for orders being run.
• Good organizational and communication skills in order to prioritize work and communicate changes to line workers.
• Must have the ability to handle small tools
• Must have the ability to understand and follow all instructions, safety policies, and procedures
• Ability to read and write in English preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
• Manufacturing environment – exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
• Depending on which location, our environments can be very warm or refrigerated.
• Team environment – must be able to work well with others and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
• Ability to stand up to 80% of the time scheduled
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. unassisted and 40-75 lbs. assisted.
Interested in the Machine Operator role? Apply now for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you need assistance applying, please contact Human Resources.