2nd Shift Monday thru Friday – 2:00pm-10:30pm + Saturday
($1.00 shift differential)
3rd Shift Monday thru Friday – 10:00pm-6:30am + Saturday
($1.50 shift differential)
Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers!
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Machine Operator performs set-ups, makes minor adjustments and operates packaging equipment. Identifies acceptable or unacceptable product quality per customer requirements. Performs wash and changeover of equipment. Machine Operators will need to be reliable and able to work with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs accurate set ups on equipment in preparation for particular product runs.
• Operates equipment and adjusts as necessary to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
• Inspects and tests packages, and documents results to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
• Stages and checks required materials for quick and accurate change overs in production.
• Completes and assembles all required documentation associated with the position.
• Maintains works area in a clean and organized manner.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must be knowledgeable in GMPs and the HACCP program or willing to learn.
• Sufficient math skills to calculate quantities of material required for orders being run.
• Good organizational and communication skills in order to prioritize work and communicate changes to line workers.
• Must have the ability to handle small tools.
• Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and write in English preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
• Manufacturing environment – exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
• Depending on which location, our environments can be very warm or refrigerated.
• Team environment – must be able to work well with others and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
• Ability to stand up to 80% of the time scheduled
• bility to lift 40 lbs. unassisted and 40-75 lbs. assisted.A
• Must be able to work necessary overtime based on staffing needs and customer demand, as well as across shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you need assistance applying, please contact Human Resources.