Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
At this plant, we produce many name brand cookies including Girl Scouts, Great Value, Crav’n, Benton’s, and Clover Valley. Nestled between the curves of the Missouri River and the banks of McCook Lake, North Sioux City is at the intersection of commerce, recreation, and small town living with big city attractions.
Starting Wage: $22.60 ($20.60 base pay + $2.00 shift differential)
• All jobs start as Packers, but new hires must qualify as a Machine Operator within the probationary period.
Shift Hours: 11pm – 7am
• Overtime is currently mandatory. It can be either 7pm – 11pm or 7am – 11am. Overtime is schedule according to seniority, so you may not always have the choice of which overtime shift you work.
• All hours worked in a day over 8 hours are paid at overtime rates of 1½ times base pay
Benefits of working at Hearthside Foods:
• Full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k)
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts
• Referral bonuses
• Room for advancement
• Control and operation of equipment
• Following Integrated Process Management Standards (IPM)
• Administering variety/coding changes
• Staging of product packaging
• General packaging of product
• Visually identify quality or bad product before and after it is packed. Remove/sort unacceptable product.
• Place product or scrap in designated color-coded containers.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.’s) at all times.
• Verbally communicate instructions, problems, etc. to co-workers, supervisors and employees from all departments.
• Any foreign materials found in product or ingredient needs to be reported to a supervisor immediately
• Meet Company attendance standards of start and end time for work as scheduled.
• Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
• Comply with Company rules, regulations and policies.
• All other assigned duties, as needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Work requires attention to detail and following detailed instructions accurately.
• Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures
• Ability to read a scale
• Must be able to read, speak, and write in English
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Possess basic math skills to perform simple counting, adding and subtracting.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
• Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
• Ability to use hands and fingers.
• Ability to see, hear and talk.
• Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels; hearing protection may be required.
• Walk up to and from your work station and break areas.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Stand the duration of scheduled shifts.
• Repetitive reaching over head, under and across throughout shift.
• Push/pull items up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
• May climb stairs and ladders to platform 7-10 feet high.
• Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
• May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
• Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment in close proximity to others.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
• Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
• Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
• This is a manufacturing environment and there will be an exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
• This is a team environment; all employees must be able to work together and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
• Must be able to work necessary overtime based on staffing needs and customer demand, as well as across shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans encouraged to apply
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.