Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including:
• health/dental/vision insurance • retirement plan • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The Machine Operator performs set-ups, makes minor adjustments and operates packaging equipment. Identifies acceptable or unacceptable product quality per customer requirements. Performs wash and changeover of equipment. Machine Operators will need to be reliable and able to work with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs accurate set ups on equipment in preparation for particular product runs.
• Operates equipment and adjusts as necessary to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
• Inspects and tests packages, and documents results to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
• Stages and checks required materials for quick and accurate change overs in production.
• Completes and assembles all required documentation associated with the position.
• Maintains works area in a clean and organized manner.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must be knowledgeable in GMPs and the HACCP program or willing to learn.
• Sufficient math skills to calculate quantities of material required for orders being run.
• Good organizational and communication skills in order to prioritize work and communicate changes to line workers.
• Must have the ability to handle small tools.
• Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to read and write in English preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
• Manufacturing environment – exposure to a variety of machines, noise levels, and varying temperatures.
• Depending on which location, our environments can be very warm or refrigerated.
• Team environment – must be able to work well with others and communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
• Ability to stand up to 80% of the time scheduled.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. unassisted and 40-75 lbs. assisted.
• Must be able to work necessary overtime based on staffing needs and customer demand, as well as across shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you need assistance applying, please contact Human Resources.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.