Who We Are
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers.
What We Want to Give You
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
Responsible for coordinating weekly cycle counts as well as coordination of month end activities. Identify root causes of inventory discrepancies and work cross functionally to resolve. Proactively work to prevent unnecessary aging of materials to prevent loss. Lead by example, train material handlers on cycle counting effectively and educate on the importance of inventory accuracy. Conduct regular cycle counts and update perpetual inventory.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Point person for day to day inventory issues
• Manages cycle counts for area of concentration: generates cycle count list, does daily cycle counting, and cycle count corrections
• Root cause analysis of inventory discrepancies, look for solutions to recurring problems
• Report back to production inventory transaction errors and return to stock issues
• Track and maintain inventory accuracy in all warehouses
• Update and maintain weekly tracking metrics
• Account for all production batch tickets, check for variances/errors, and file
• Respond to count requests from various departments promptly depending on priority
• Run lot aging reports daily, sample product for evaluation, escalate aging issues to minimize financial loss
• Process discontinued materials
• Ensure accuracy of transactions
• Manage the donation and liquidation processes
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Hearthside Food Solutions products, production and inventory processes.
• Material handling, Receiving warehouse and flow of materials
• Organization and time management
• Data analysis and problem solving using defined methodologies
• Decision making
• Forklift operation
• Lead by example, promote team work
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ensure collaborative relationships with Hearthside staff
• Work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Issue and receive instructions using guidelines
• Utilize ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, quality, and policy focus
• Multi-task and respond to non routine requests
• Operate fork lifts, pallet jacks, scissor lift and shuttle truck
• Work in a detailed oriented fashion
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, and Excel (SAP a plus)
• Work is primarily done in an office and warehouse setting.
• Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
• Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time
• Stand, walk, climb stairs on a frequent basis
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis
• Climb on and off a forklift frequently
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years experience in inventory control
• Demonstrated math skills
• Demonstrated computer skills; MS office and email, SharePoint a plus
• Experience with ERP programs, SAP a plus