Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers!
What We Want to Give You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including:
• health/dental/vision insurance
• flex spending accounts
• short & long-term disability
• paid holidays and vacation
• bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
A HVAC/Plumbing Mechanic I is responsible for the preventative/predictive maintenance, installation, and repair, of all plumbing systems. They utilize layout drawings combined with troubleshooting skills to find solutions for issues. A HVAC/Plumbing Mechanic I needs to possess knowledge and understanding with various types of general plumbing of water, air, CO2, oil, sewer, waste water treatment, and others. They must be able to repair facility plumbing issues using a variety of tools and techniques. A basic understanding of HVAC and pneumatic systems is preferred and they will be required to assist others with maintaining and repairing these systems. Their work also requires them to follow OSHA safety requirements and to safely use ladders, scaffolding, and platforms. This is a 1st Shift position.
• Read and interpret plumbing drawings, and familiarity with system diagrams for HVAC and plumbing.
• Use a variety of tools and techniques to repair and maintain existing plumbing systems including drain snakes and cameras. Familiarity with HVAC, pneumatic, compressed air tools and techniques such as refrigerant recharging equipment, flow meters, and others is preferred.
• Assist with installation of new HVAC, plumbing, pneumatic systems as needed.
• Ensure that you follow all safety requirements and OSHA guidelines while you work
• Troubleshoot and repair of items such as drains, toilets, sinks, and handwash stations required.
• Basic electrical troubleshooting capabilities preferred.
• Read and follow setup procedures found in maintenance instruction manuals for various types of equipment.
• Locate and identify replacement components required to repair sub assemblies utilizing available technical manuals and parts manuals.
• Practice good housekeeping, of work areas, shop, and personal tools and toolbox including clean up at shift end.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.’s) at all times.
• Verbally communicate instructions, problems, etc. to co-workers, supervisors and employees from all departments.
• Meet Company attendance standards of start and end time for work as scheduled.
• Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
• Comply with Company rules, regulations and policies.
• May perform other functions as assigned.
• Any foreign materials found in product or ingredients need to be reported to a supervisor immediately.
• Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
• Ability to use hands and fingers.
• Able to see, hear and talk.
• Ability to lift/move up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels; hearing protection will be required.
• Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Repetitive reaching over head, under and across throughout shift.
• Push/pull up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
• May crawl under equipment to reach work areas.
• May climb steps to and from break and work areas.
• Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment in close proximity to others.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions including wet and humid areas
• Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
• Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
• May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to electrical shock, fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
• May be required to work in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
• Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum seven (5) years’ experience as an Industrial HVAC/Plumbing Technician.
• Journeyman’s credentials from an approved state agency a plus
• Capable of repairing and maintaining HVAC equipment, pneumatic systems, and plumbing systems required.
• Basic math and reading skills.
• Ability to interpret electrical and pneumatic, blueprints and schematics.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and independently.
• Must be accurate and detail-oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans Encouraged to Apply!