WHO WE ARE
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers
WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE YOU
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
· Assist with broader human capital projects that impact the larger enterprise or are specific to the plant.
· Utilize Ceridian as the HRIS (Human Resources Information System), serve as an advocate of the tool and provide adequate training to employees.
· Create a robust employee relations program that includes, but not limited to: performance counseling, and coaching the leadership team(s) on appropriate dissemination of company policies.
· Overseeing hourly staffing process by recruiting, coordinating interviews, extending offers of employment, processing new hire paperwork and coordinating new hire orientation and onboarding of all new hires
· Work with the Talent Acquisition team and HR Manger, to fill all salaried roles. The HR Generalist will play a role in workforce planning and engaging the right resources (especially for ramp ups and critical hiring).
· Establish a training and development program that equips employees with the necessary professional skills.
· Investigation of work related or compliance issues and present facts, recommendations and conclusions verbally and in writing.
· Lead, oversee, and deliver new-employee onboarding activities and partner with the US benefits team on escalated employee benefits issues.
· Partner with the EH&S team to regarding safety procedures, OSHA compliance, and worker’s compensation.
· Complete governmental and company HR reporting requirements.
· Evaluating and analyzing site compliance to policies and ensuring consistency
· Interpreting company policies, training and applying policies safety programs and benefits
· Processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis and partnering with supervisors to ensure timecards are reviewed and approved
· Overseeing agency associate program, fill rates, reconciliation of billing, labor reports, etc.
· Overseeing leave management program working with employees requesting leave, providing necessary paperwork and leave tracking to include Family and Medical Leave and Disability
· Serving as point of contact regarding employee benefits and providing resolution/guidance to benefit questions during open/new hire enrollment and thereafter
· Addressing employee relations concerns in partnership with HR Manager, supervisors and managers
· Assisting in maintaining working relationship with state agencies such as Unemployment and handles any issues or hearings that require local involvement.
· Assisting in keeping current EEO/AAP reports, attendance, disciplinary summary reports, turnover analysis, and analyze other metrics using HRIS systems.
· A minimum of Bachelor’s degree from accredited University or College; or experience equivalence in Human Resources.
· PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
Skills and Ability requirements
· 3 or more years of HR Generalist experience required.
· Must have knowledge and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ERISA, COBRA/HIPPA and others.
· Must have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and recordkeeping requirements.
· Be capable of administering benefit program at a local level including Health, disability, workers compensation and return to work programs.
· Bilingual communication skills (English/Spanish) are preferred but not required.
· Must be able to organize and prioritize the workload, meet deadlines, and work effectively with minimal direction.
· Possess solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to adapt well to change.
· Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications.
· Ability to work closely with others in a cross-functional team atmosphere.
· Flexibility to work off shift hours when needed to support the bakery needs.
· Knowledge and experience HRIS systems, Time and Attendance System, MS Office (Word/Excel/Power Point) and Ceridian a plus
· Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local employment laws
· Solid understanding of the role of HR in balancing employees and business objectives
· Some knowledge of Federal/State OSHA regulations
· Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, ability to be flexible in constantly changing work environment.