Who We Are:
With over 10,000 employees at 37 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people.
The incumbent for the Facility Maintenance position is responsible for a variety of maintenance, repairs, continuous improvement, and new installation functions on facility grounds, equipment and infrastructure with limited direction and guidance. Support manufacturing operations in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Safely, professionally, and efficiently, complete facility maintenance, preventive maintenance and scheduled projects.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performs routine inspection and maintenance on facilities and assigned equipment.
• Conducts safety checks on facilities and equipment.
• Completes required paperwork associated with repairs and documenting parts usage.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and industry food safety standards
• Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
• Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
• Ability to perform maintenance and repairs to conveyors.
• Performs electrical maintenance and repairs to equipment.
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
• Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions. .
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Participates in Gemba walks and line audits as assigned.
• Required to be on 24 hour call service to all facilities, along with managing snow removal during the on call time period.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Thorough knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
• Certification in electrical, plumbing and heating and air (HVAC).(Preferred)
• Basic understanding of carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical procedures and techniques.
• Proven use of hand and power tools.
• Reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions; ability to follow safety practices and recognize hazards.
• Some knowledge of Lock out Tag out (LOTO) procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and management both orally and written.
• Ability to work independently and/or in group, with minor supervision
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.