SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $1000.00 !
2nd & 3rd Shift Openings Available!
Who We Are
We are Hearthside Food Solutions, a new kind of food company, and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. You won’t find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
Founded in 2009, today we operate 38+ production facilities employing over 13,000 people. In an industry growing at 2%, we made the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list three straight years. Our customers are some of the world’s finest food companies.
We are one of the fastest growing food companies in the US; part of the new wave of American manufacturers and we are looking for quality people with the right stuff.
Hearthside employees enjoy a clean, safe, and modern work environment. We take great pride in our mission to provide safe quality food to consumers!
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Medical (3 plan options)
• Wellness benefits and virtual visits
• Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts available
• Short and long term disability insurance
• Critical illness, accident insurance, hospital indemnity options
• Prescription drug program including Pharmacy Advocate support
• Company paid life insurance with option to purchase additional coverage for employee and family members
• Identity theft protection
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Employee Assistance Program
• Travel Assistance Program
• Incentive Programs to recognize and reward employees
• 401(K) with company match
Our Seelyville location is in eastern Vigo County and operates multiple production lines in an highly automated setting.
• Have good understanding of electronic circuits and components.
• Able and willing to follow directions as issued by supervisor.
• Responsible and self-motivated.
• Troubleshoot and repair of items such as power supplies, control boards, actuators, controllers, indicators, etc. utilizing various types of test equipment such as meters, signal source generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Locate and repair defective soldering on PC boards and sub assembly boards.
• Read and follow setup procedures found in maintenance instruction manuals for various types of equipment such as check weighers, metal detectors, oven control systems, speed control systems, etc.
• Locate and identify replacement components required to repair sub assemblies utilizing available technical manuals and parts manuals.
• Fabricate cables and connectors for interface of equipment such as computers.
• Practice good housekeeping, including clean up at end of shift.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.’s) at all times.
• Verbally communicate instructions, problems, etc. to co-workers, supervisors and employees from all departments.
• Meet Company attendance standards of start and end time for work as scheduled.
• Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
• Comply with Company rules, regulations and policies.
• May perform other functions as assigned.
• Any foreign materials found in product or ingredients need to be reported to a supervisor immediately.
PHYSICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
• Ability to use hands and fingers.
• Able to see, hear and talk.
• Ability to lift/move up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels; hearing protection may be required.
• Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
• Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Stand eight hours per shift.
• Repetitive reaching over head, under and across throughout shift.
• Push/pull up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
• May crawl under equipment to reach work areas.
• May climb steps to and from break and work areas.
• Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment in close proximity to others.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
• Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
• Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
• Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
• May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to electrical shock, fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
• May be required to work in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
• Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum five years experience as an Industrial Electrician.
• Capable of repairing speed controllers, heat controllers, Icore type check weights, metal detectors, Nordson glue systems, Avery labeling equipment, and photo detection systems.
• Basic math and reading skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and at times independently.
• Must be accurate and detail-oriented.