Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people.
Truck driver to move trailers with semi-trucks between Des Plaines and Elk Grove Village buildings.
Must have the ability to maneuver 53 feet trailers and will require moving trailers from dock to dock in the two locations.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Required to follow all Federal and State regulations, Company rules and Company food safety procedures needed to perform the job safely and efficiently.
• Have the ability to maneuver 53 feet trailers.
• Be able to lift the legs of the trailer manually every time they drop and pick up trailers.
• Take trailers’ inventory at beginning and end of every shift.
• Report any unsafe equipment or procedures immediately to supervisor and shipping manager.
• Conduct routine inspections of the trucks and trailers before moving any equipment.
• Maintain timely transfers of materials to ensure production is running efficiently.
• Before moving trailers, communicate with drivers to ensure the correct equipment is being moved to avoid errors and/or downtime.
• Complete daily paperwork.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• All rules and regulations required to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License
• Self-motivated must have minimum 2 year of experience driving trucks with Class A license.
• To drive back and forth between buildings and between docks with 53 feet trailers on an average of 20+ trailers a day
• Climb in and out of trailers multiple times a day
• Inspect and clean the truck daily
• Check wheels every time trailer is dropped in any of the docks.
• Follow GMP and Food Safety guidelines
• Follow Plant safety rules
• Ability to follow precise written and verbal instructions.
• High School Diploma or GED certification and be at least 18 years of age, required.
• Good Communication skills
• Fluent in Spanish a plus
• Current and up to date class A license
• Must be able to get in and out the truck safety to check wheels and drop the trailer at high speed.