Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
Who We Are
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers
What We Want to Give You
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
Commercialization Manager will be working on a hybrid scheduel in our Geneva, IL plant. Effectively managing the commercialization process by coordinating, directing and managing internal and external resources.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Develop timelines and monitor the project to ensure that timelines are met. This includes taking immediate action with those departments that are behind schedule.
· Plan and schedule first productions keeping milestone tracker tools up to date
· Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative process, product and business solutions.
· Coordinate and distribute project information between departments identifying key problem areas, proposing solutions and collaborating with other areas/departments for resolution.
· Analyze project data to identify potential issues/problems that could occur prior to finalizing the project schedule and timeline. Proactively determine a solution to avoid the situation by working with the respective department to ensure that the solution is implemented.
· Working with vendors, coordinate packaging requirements ensuring that the vendors adhere to customer requirements.
· Collaborate with customers to ensure that all specifications meet the customer expectations.
· Coordinate and oversee plant trials including inbound materials, document preparation and interfacing with operations.
· Ensure accuracy of all documentation associated with project including process sheets, BOMs and pricing.
· Attend vendor and customer meetings as required.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
· Hearthside procurement, commercialization and production processe
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must be accurate, detailed orientated and maintain the utmost confidentiality.
· Must have strong documentation skills.
· Strong presentation skills and negotiation skills.
· Strong customer service skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong business acumen skills
· Strong SAP skills
· Strong project management skills
· Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with operations, supply chain, engineering, finance and sales to assess project viability.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment, while at the same time making sound decisions.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite, SAP, Power Point and presentation skills.
• Minimum 7 years project management experience.
• Prior experience in the food industry preferred.
• Prior experience in an FDA or USDA manufacturing environment preferred.
• Bachelors in Business or Engineering.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.