Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE YOU
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
The C-Store Business Development Manager will be responsible for building out a small format channel in the convenience occasion space. They will drive growth of top line sales at established margins and assisting HFS in achieving corporate goals while maintaining positive customer relations with all new and assigned accounts. They will influence internally across Finance, Commercialization, Operations, R&D, & Supply Chain to provide value to our customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / WHAT YOU GET TO DO
• Build a C-store business while managing assigned key account relationships while being responsible for account growth and retention.
• Operate sales territory and assigned accounts within approved sales budget.
• Complete channel and key account plans and new business development focus areas for area of responsibility.
• Conduct regular meetings and calls with customer accounts.
• Ensure individual annual objectives are met according to plan.
• Maintain prospect pipeline and contribute to accurate forecasting.
• Develop, capture and share best practice sales tools, presentations, proposals process and policies throughout industry engagement (tradeshows, F4SS, IOPP, customer interactions).
• Collaborate with operations on quoting process execution – ensure adherence to decision making criteria and process.
• Ensure effective and accurate use of HFS SharePoint and pipeline systems.
KEY COMPETENCIES / WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
• Solution selling around concepts/customer briefs using category and industry insights.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong will to drive change.
• Must be accurate, detail-oriented and maintain the utmost confidentiality.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Problem solving
• Needs to be most proficient in dealing with peers, subordinates, and people at all levels, both internally and externally
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• College degree in business administration, sales and marketing, economics or similar preferred
• 3 – 5 years experience in a multi-business unit, food manufacturing environment preferred
• Experience in custom, private label, or proprietary product selling preferred
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.