Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Downers Grove, IL we are a world-class contract manufacturer producing wholesome baked goods, snacks and packaged foods for many of the world’s leading food companies. As one of the largest and fastest growing food co-manufacturing companies in the US, we are the proud owner and operator of over 35 facilities globally. Our nearly 10,000 employee-strong organization is leading the way and setting new standards for quality, safety, flexibility and efficiency while feeding families around the globe.
Hearthside’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for customers of all shapes and sizes, and by our resolute commitment to our belief that there are no great companies without great culture. Our culture of personal empowerment enables growth, learning, and continuous improvement every day!
We are steadfast in our ambition to be the indispensable and most trusted partner to our customers and need your help to do it! Join Hearthside and enjoy a competitive package, outstanding benefits and a diverse work environment.
2nd Shift Monday thru Friday – 3:15pm-11:45pm + Some Saturdays
Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers!
What We Want to Give to You:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
We have a variety of general labor openings throughout our facilities. Previous manufacturing experience isn’t needed! What is important is a strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment! You might be mixing products, weighing/scaling material, packaging material, or supplying our lines with product. Whatever role you are assigned to, you will need to be reliable and able to work within industry standard Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times. Some of the GMP’s will vary by location (i.e., artificial nails/eyelashes, nail polish, jewelry, etc. cannot be worn while producing and/or packaging food products). The Blender position will have the overall responsibility ensuringthe proper products are accurately weighed, blended, and labeled according to the customer’s specifications. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Blender consist of but are not limited to:
• Perform routine cleaning on blending equipment and containers
• Transport bulk product by operating pallet jack
• Input data into the inventory control system computer program
• Read and record product codes
• Create proper product tags using inventory control system
• Report any issue to Support Lead
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
• Focus on detail of product
• Willingness to work overtime when asked.
• Maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
• Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Support Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Preferred – One or more years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Preferred – Food industry experienced
• Attention to detail
• Understand verbal and written instructions
• Basic Math skills, Addition & Subtraction
• Basic mechanical aptitude and familiar with basic hand tools
• Forklift experience preferred
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
• Basic computer skills
Hearthside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.