Who We Are:
We are Hearthside Food Solutions, a new kind of food company, and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. You won’t find our logo on store shelves, but our passion for quality and efficiency is evident in every product we make.
We are one of the fastest growing food companies in the US; Part of the new wave of American manufacturers and we are looking for people with the right stuff!
Works in Mixing Department to prepare product according to standard recipe requirements.
* Operates commercial grade oven equipment with computerized control systems.
* Must have strong attention to detail and ability to following standard operating procedures.
* Responsible for alerting Operators, Leads or Supervisors of any quality or safety issue.
* Responsible for working safely at all times.
* On the floor 100% of shift.
* Other duties as needed.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
• Ability to use hands and fingers.
• Ability to see, hear and talk.
• Lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels; hearing protection may be required.
• Able to walk up to 400 yards to work areas.
• Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions and problems.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Able to stand eight hours per shift.
• Repetitive reaching over head, under and across throughout shift.
• Push/pull items up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
• May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
• Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
• May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
• Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
• Prefer high school graduate or G.E.D.
• Good eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity.
• Basic math and reading skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and at times independently.
• Ability to measure and read scales; understands units of measurement.
• Ability to recognize problems and take immediate action.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in close proximity to others.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
• Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
• Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
• Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
• May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
• May be required to work in high precarious places and/or in outside weather conditions.
• Receptive to new ideas, concepts and procedures.
• Receptive and responsive to constructive criticism.
· Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
· Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
· Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
· Reaching with hands/arms throughout the day.
· Ability to use hands and fingers.
· Ability to see, hear and talk.
· Ability to stand, walk, climb ascending or descending stairs and/or balance approximately.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels.
The employee may occasionally move up to 25 pounds with a hoist, pallet-jack or cart, and regularly lift up to 70 pounds of boxes/bags of ingredients.