Who We Are:
With over 11,000 employees at 43 production facilities in the US, Canada and Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonuses opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
• To coordinate employees in the packaging of baked product into finished containers.
• To ensure that all product is unadulterated in any way.
• To ensure that all quality standards are met.
• To train and motivate employees in their work standards. Enforcing plant rules and regulations.
• Coordinates up to 40 line employees and machine operators.
Ensures that all packaging supplies are on hand for what is scheduled.
• Assigns employees to their work stations.
• Ensures product meets quality standards before it is packed.
• Takes various checks to ensure quality.
• Ensures tests that have been assigned to other employees are taken.
• Enforces GMP’s at all times and all company policies.
• Assists in setting crew levels to promote efficient operations of the line.
• Trains and maintains a competent crew.
• Notifies shift manager of issues that may require disciplinary action.
• Completes various line reports as required.
• Completes performance evaluations of line employees, including machine operators.
• Turns in work orders for various upkeep on machinery.
• Assists in inventory control.
• Promotes harmonious relations between employees in all departments and at all levels of management.
• Recommends methods to improve production efficiencies.
• Enters production data into computer.
• Complies with safety issues and completes accident reports.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Meets company attendance standards of start and end time for work as scheduled.
• Complies with all safety, health, and environmental regulations as prescribed by law and company policies.
• Complies with company rules, regulations, and policies.
• Contacts line mechanics to repair line malfunctions.
• Notifies shift manager of line operator problems.
• May perform other functions as assigned.
• Ability to see, hear and talk English.
• Stands eight hours per shift.
• Some bending, twisting, reaching, lifting and stooping throughout the shift.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while at the same time making sound decisions.
• Handle daily employee problems and some of their personal problems.
• Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
• Lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
• Push/pull items up to 500 lbs. with assistance.
• Use both hands and all fingers.
• Walk up to 100 yards to work and break areas.
• May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
• May climb steps to and from work area.
• WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
• Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
• Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
• Ability to keep personal feelings/opinions, whether work-related or outside work, from effecting performance.
• Ability to work independently at almost all times.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Good communication skills.
• Basic to medium math and reading skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong self-confidence and leadership.
• Prior packaging and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer