WHO WE ARE
With over 11,000 employees at over 40 facilities across US & Europe, Hearthside Food Solutions is one of the fastest growing food companies and the industry’s largest contract manufacturer. Our secret to success? Our people. We know an investment in our people is an investment in our company. We strive to understand our team members and support them however we can. By empowering employees through skill development and career advancement opportunities, we emphasize a culture of continuous improvement – both for the business and our people. We want team members that will support us in owning safety together – speaking up when they see a problem. When we focus on our people and safety, it ensures we all are driving better performance as well as on time delivery to our customers.
WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE YOU
We offer a competitive wage and wide array of benefits including: • health/dental/vision insurance • flex spending accounts • short & long-term disability • paid holidays and vacation • bonus opportunities (referral, production, etc.).
Responsible for Shared Services Accounts Receivable Cash Application/Invoicing, along with other General Accounting/GL functions as needed.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Process all Customer invoicing on Daily Billing Due List within SAP
• Review all invoices for reasonableness. Follow up with Customer Service/Plant Accounting on negative margin invoices to verify pricing/costing accuracy
• Review all related accounting documents for accuracy ensuring that all Customer Invoices are released to accounting. Follow up as necessary to identify system fixes required to release invoices where errors are preventing invoice release.
• Review related COPA postings generated at the time of Invoice creation, verifying that all COGS, Revenues and Volumes post properly within SAP
• Reconcile issues found on invoices related to customer PO’s and/or prices.
• Process all Customer adjustments/credit memos relating to pricing, quantity, quality discrepancies as agreed and approved by HFS Management
• Process and Post Approved Special Billing Items. Generate invoice to Customer.
• Coordinate the Month End closing process as it relates Accounts Receivable ensuring that all Goods Issues are posted, and to the proper accounting period, and that all deliveries/returns, credit memos are processed for the accounting close. Utilize SAP reports to ensure that these processes have been completed. Communicate with Inventory Control, Plant Personnel, Customer Service, etc as required
• Process daily cash receipts to Customer Accounts. Reconcile differences between payment amounts and invoice amounts. Follow up with Customers as necessary to reach resolution. Follow up on all Unapplied Cash in a timely manner.
• Perform AR Clearing to ensure that all paid, cleared AR is moved to History
• Communicate with HFS Credit Control and Sales team as necessary to facilitate the resolution of AR Issues/Aged Items.
• Responsible for preparing all AR related Account Reconciliations
• Maintain AR Master Records within SAP FI in accordance with HFS Credit Policy. Make changes to Customer Master Records (AP contacts, addresses, credit limits) as supported by Approved Documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
• Knowledge of financial processes and reports.
• Knowledge of general accounting fundamentals and financial analysis concepts.
• Understanding of GL Accounting and AR/Cash cycle
• Solid understanding of debits and credits, accounting balancing and reconciliation procedures
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Investigative mentality and the ability to track prior payments and deductions through the receivables system
• Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies staff.
• Work effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Generate work timely and accurate.
Proficiency in: Microsoft Office/Excel and SAP required
• Hybrid position located at Corporate Headquarters in Downers Grove, IL. In office three days a week, two days a week remote.
• High School diploma or equivalent; BA in Accounting preferred.
• 2-3 years of accounts receivable experience.