Hearthside today operates 12 manufacturing facilities spanning six states, employing over 5,000 full-time workers. Together these facilities make Hearthside the largest independent bakery in United States and the largest contract manufacturer in the baking industry. The Hearthside network, is much more than a collection of assets. Today Hearthside is a highly flexible and efficient integrated manufacturing environment that includes:
- 12 manufacturing and production plants producing a wide range of fresh baked products.
- Over 2,750,000 sq.ft. dedicated to bakery manufacturing and packaging.
- Over 7.5 acres of warehouse and distribution space.
- Three separate R&D facilities.
- Multiple product commercialization teams.
- An equipment prototyping and design facility.
- Over 50 high speed and custom packaging lines.
- The largest and longest independent ovens in North America.
- An SAP driven environment tailored to large-scale customers.
- A front-to-back integrated supply chain serving all facilities and all customers.
Integrating all these assets and capabilities into specific solutions, configuring them quickly, and delivering highly tailored solutions to customers exacting needs is the true value of the Hearthside network. Hearthside’s ability to respond nimbly to the ever-changing requests of our customers in a rapidly changing consumer environment produces new value for our customers.
Redundant capacity and flexible manufacturing environments enable us to execute multiple large scale projects requiring similar equipment. It also enables us to produce products at a more optimal location based on the customer’s overall supply chain requirements.